Lost a Loved One

     Hey guys. On January 6, 2017 my step dad passed away. I know what you're thinking. Why do you care it was your step dad not your real dad. Well I'll answer that one for you. My real dad passed when I was 5. So I got really attached to him and I remember him more than my real dad. Since I was little I can't remember a lot about my real dad.
     My step dad meant a lot to me. He was always there for me. He's the one who wanted to be my dad. He wanted me to be his daughter. He really did love me. I did love him too.
     Recently before he went I wasn't really appreciating him and we were arguing alot more often. I wish I could have appreciated him you know. I had a second chance of having a dad and I just didn't care. I now realize how lucky I was.
     I won't forget seeing him at the hospital. He was so...well, not himself. He was very weak and could barely talk. Im glad that the last time I saw him we were getting along. We were talking about my new glasses and my new school.
     You're  probably wondering why he died. He drank alcohol. Which caused liver damage. A lot. It really did change him. It changes people. It made him mean and abusive at times. But I'm not trying to remember those times. He was a really good guy. He tried to stop but he couldn't. The drinking was more important to him than his family I guess.
     His funeral was very emotional for my Mom, me and my brother Seth. We were crying our eyes out. He looked so different in his casket. His hands were old and wrinkly. His hair was so thin. His nostrils were wider. It was scarring.
     Besides his family giving me dirty looks mad talking bad about me, the funeral was pretty nice. He had a lot of flowers and notes. I wrote him a letter too.
     I really do miss him, his presence. I am very strong though. It just gets worse every day. But I push through ya know. I get through things.
     My grandma died in 2014. She was the world to me. But I can get through things. I deeply miss her and can't wait till see all my loved ones in heaven some day.
     I'm fine really. I don't need counseling or therapy. I'm absolutely fine. I've been through a lot so, I'm good. It's all good. Click here for a pic of my family. Have you lost any loved ones??

Comments

  1. That is a nice picture and I'm sorry about you dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gina,
    I'm glad you're sharing about this on your blog. Writing is therapeutic, isn't it? Although this is a tough situation, writing about it and having friends share with you in it makes it a teeny bit easier I think.
    I have lost grandparents, but no parents yet. I guess I'm lucky. In college though, a friend I worked with was in a car accident and passed away. That wrecked me. I still send a prayer up to him each Sunday in church and think about him now and then, remembering the good times.
    Share some more stories about your stepdad with us!
    and I loved the picture, too, seeing you as a little kid!
    Hugs kiddo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Butterfly Poem

Freshman Year

My First Concert